Saturday, March 13, 2010

First Day-Kaitlin Wetzel

The first day of traveling to Boston was an experience that was unforgettable.  The day began at 10 am in College Park where we piled into two vans to make our way to Boston.  It was great getting to know everyone while chatting and playing games.

As we drove along it was interesting to hear the stories of other people. I really enjoyed getting to know others outside of the classroom and hearing what they had to say about themselves. Later that night we arrived at the hostel and I was amazed at how wonderful it was.  The hostel is located in downtown Boston right off of Hemenway Street. We all settled into our rooms then made our way to a restaurant down the street where we enjoyed a great meal after a long day.  

When dinner ended we went back to the hostel in hopes to explore Boston later in the night.  The rain prevented many of the excursions that we had hoped would happen.  We tried to find a shopping center to buy groceries, but it was so late that many places were closed.  My friend and I ended up at Cheesecake factory to enjoy some desert where we ended up chatting with John Hennessy, the broadcaster for the UMASS hockey team.  It was truly remarkable to hear the stories about his travels and how he ended up being a sports commentator.  

I've only been in Boston for the night and I have already had an amazing time.  I can't wait to see what awaits me this upcoming week while farming in Boston.   It can only get better from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment